The Hybrid Hive has spent the best part of a year discussing Hybrid IT and the issues it raises for businesses today. But we noticed one thing was missing: a proper benchmark of attitudes and behaviour towards this approach among IT decision-makers globally.
There was plenty of talk and speculation about how businesses view Hybrid IT, but no one had ever done a truly rigorous piece of research to ask them what they really think.
So we decided to do this ourselves, surveying 1,050 IT decision-makers (ITDMs) from seven countries around the world to get their honest views on Hybrid IT.
- IT decision-makers (ITDMs) believe Hybrid is the inevitable future of corporate IT infrastructure
- Majority expect their cloud budget to increase in the next three years
- ITDMs are mostly focussed on short-term Hybrid IT benefits, ignoring the longer-term ones
- Security is seen as the biggest Hybrid IT risk
- There are still significant Hybrid IT knowledge gaps